Monday, February 21, 2011

Treasures from the Antique Mall

Well, here in Michigan we've been hit with another major Winter storm, arrgghhhh!! It arrived here yesterday around 1 p.m., and continued snowing until the middle of the night. I literally had to shove the back door enough to be able to squeeze thru to get outside so I could shovel our back sidewalk, as the snow came up way past my knees! Just when we had most of the snow gone from the last snow storm, another one had to replace it all (darn Mother Nature, lol!)

Last Friday I went and visited my local Antique mall in a neighboring town, and found a couple of things that just HAD to come back home with me :)



First up is this Gorgeous Morgan Jones Chenille bedspread, in the PERFECT shade of pink! The above photo shows it beautifully displayed on my Victorian Bed ~ the photo below shows you a close-up of the bedspread...



...here's the tag...



next is this lovely vintage embroidered lace doily..



and a pair of Embroidered Tea towels...these will go in our Main bathroom...I'm planning to make some changes in there, opting to remove the wallpaper (which doesn't like to stay up on the walls too well), and painting the walls and installing new floor tiles. This endeavor won't happen 'till later in the Spring.




So, are there any Nascar fans out there? If so, did you watch the Daytona 500 Sunday? You bet I did!! I am very sad that my driver, Jeff Gordon, didn't win his 4th Daytona 500, but I am so stoked that Trevor Bayne did ~ this kid just turned 20 years old on Saturday, and this race was ONLY his 2nd Cup race; FIRST time in the 500, and he WINS IT!! I was literally off my chair, yelling at the T.V., telling him "block those guys behind you!!" and "OH MY GOD, he's going to win this thing!!" My son Austin was like "Geez Mom, calm down", LOL :) Yes, I can really get totally into the race :) I really wish that Trevor Bayne was running a full Cup schedule, as it would be so fun to watch and see how he does, but he's committed himself to run full time in the Nationwide serious, but he will be doing about 17 Cup races. Can ya tell that I am sooo excited to have Nascar racing back!! LOL :)

Okay, that's about it for todays post ~ Wishing everyone a wonderful Week ahead! Until next time sweet friends :)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

What fabulous finds, Brenda! The bedspread is lovely, the lace doily is exquisite ... you did well.

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Anonymous said...

I think we're ALL over winter and it's worse when you THINK it's going away and then it snows!

Somehow I remember that bedspread maker from when I was younger. And someplace in a box there is a pink candlewick spread...perhaps the same maker. Now you have me thinking.

The bed looks beautiful and shopping for vintage goodies is a much nicer way to spend the day...not shoveling!

Laughed at the NASCAR story. My daughter/sil are into that, too.

Have a sweet day,
Hugs,
Jan

chateau de fleurs said...

Hi Brenda, what wonderful trasures you found and I love how they fit right in ! XO Christie

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

I was enjoying seeing grass and not expecting yet another snow storm!
UGH...... Come on mother nature...bring on spring! :-)

Love that wonderful headboard! The lace, and towels, and PINK spread are awesome!
{I have that same quilt on my bed}

Stay warm,
Dolly

Donnie said...

All these sports are making me feel incredibly old..man, 20 years old and I was still working in a pizza shop...well, not really, I was a switchboard operator for Ma Bell...lol...Loved your romantic pink bedroom.

Victorian1885 said...

Great finds Brenda..love your Victorian bed!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh your antique mall finds are super cute. However, I have to say I fell in love with that quilt that was folded at the foot of the bed, with the lovely pink flowers. What company makes that? It's so cute :) :) :)

I don't watch Nascar, but I did see that really neat story on the news about that young man winning the race. i love stories where someone totally unexpected wins the race :) :) :)

Have a great week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Mari said...

HELLO BRENDA~WHAT FABULOUS ITEMS YOU HAVE FOUND FOR YOURSELF :) LOVE THE PINK BEDSPREAD AND THE VINTAGE LACE DOILY IS JUST BEAUTIFUL :) GREAT FINDS MY FRIEND :)

XO~MARI

Susan said...

I really love all your finds! The pink bedspread is beautiful! I love the tea towels and that embroidered doily is awesome!
I am a nascar fan as well!! Like you I was on the edge of the couch and screaming for the kid to win!! I rooting for Dale Earnhardt but when he crashed I was all for the kid.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I remember the Morgan Jones spreads on my Mom's beds. They were so soft and lasted forever!

Your pink one is beautiful and looks perfect on that gorgeous bed.

hugs
Sissie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love looking at antique malls, I find them so relaxing to pass the time and find great treasures like you did! Sorry about the weather, hang on spring is coming! I live in Orlando, but grew up in Minnesota, so I get it!

Carol

Anonymous said...

The bedspread is so lovely! You found some great treasures.

Kathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails