Monday, March 15, 2010

Victorian Fireplace Surround & Overmantle




Good monday morning ladies! I don't know about the rest of you, but it always takes me a few days to adjust to the time change. I hate losing an hour in the spring! Anyways, I thought I would share with you all some photos I took of my victorian fireplace surround and overmantle. The Surround I purchased not quite a year ago...I purchased it at our local Antique Mall in nearby Newaygo, MI, and of course, gave it this wonderful new paint job (it's Linen white, which is very close to the same color as Rachel Ashwell's Simply Shabby Chic furniture). For a while I hung a pretty mirror over the top, but I always wanted to find an overmantle to place above it. Well, back around the end of Nov. beginning of Dec., I happen to be visiting that same Antique Mall, and propped against the counter was this overmantle (YIPPEE), and of course I snatched it right up! It had already been stripped of whatever paint or stain it may of had, which made it sooo much easier to give the makeover to. So, I painted it the same Linen white, and because it didn't have any mirror, I chose to place behind the opening this beautiful Sonie Ames print of these wonderful pink roses. Now, of course, we don't have a fireplace in our home, but I had seen in lots of magazines, of people placing a lace panel in the opening, and so I purchased on Ebay this lovely vintage rose patterned lace panel, and Ta Da! I have displayed some of my pretty china pieces and vintage candleholders with prisms on it, and I just LOVE it :)

Hope all of you ladies have yourself a wonderful, creative week!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Dreamy & Romantic!! I Love it!!
Have a Wonderful Week!
Marilyn

Kim said...

Beautiful! I saw something a bit similar to yours awhile ago in one of my favorite antique shops, but having no fireplace myself, I wasn't quite sure what I would have done with it, so I passed it up and then the next time I visited the shop, it was gone. Guess it wasn't meant to be mine. I am so looking forward to seeing more pictures of your home. The pictures you have on your sidebar have me wanting to see more close ups of all of your beautiful things.

Have a great day!!
Kim

Unknown said...

Oh it is absolutely stunning!! I LOVE it!! You have such a beautiful home :)
Hugs,
Amy

Vicki said...

Oh, Brenda, I love it, too! It is perfect, and I love the overmantle and lace curtain. Your beautiful rose prints, dishes, and candles look wonderful on it. Thank you for sharing! Have a rosy week! Vicki

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Your mantle is perfect. It's shabby chic and exquisitely lovely.

You have such a romantic home.

hugs
Sissie

Barb said...

Hi Brenda, simply lovely....so elegant and graceful. I adore fireplaces of any kind. Mantel decorating is a weakness with me. This is so pretty!

Barb ♥

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Brenda, thank you so much for visiting me and leaving such wonderful comments! I love your home.. it's so so pretty! I also love how you decorated your fireplace, they add so much charm to a room I think. I have one in my lounge room still waiting to be done up. take care, Maryann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails