Monday, April 26, 2010

Girls Ruffled Skirt ~ Turned Lampshade

Happy Monday to all my blogging friends :) This morning while out running some errands, I stopped at my local Goodwill store, and found this lamp base and shade, and knew exactly what I was going to do with it! The base was black, but I painted it this nice crisp white, and I had this GORGEOUS girls skirt with all these wonderful ruffles (and it's pink!!), and placed it over the lampshade, and tah dah!! Brand new Lamp & shade! I got this idea from a previous post that Christie Repasy did, and HAD to make one of my own :) Tanza also did a post with a cute one she did too.


Just look at all the sweet little ruffles done on this skirt! There are even pink and white little ribbon roses adorning it too! Fabulous!!


I added a cute bouquet of Vintage lace, Vintage pink ribbon bow, and the best part, this Vintage pink rose Millinery! Now this shade is Romantic and oh-so chic!


This is a simple and easy to do project, and will turn ANY ordinary lamp into something FABULOUS!!

10 comments:

stefanie said...

it is FABulous...I love that idea!

Anonymous said...

Love it.....I am absolutely drooling!! EYE-CANDY!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Mari said...

HELLO SWEETIE,
I LOVE WHAT YOU DID WITH YOUR NEW LAMP, YOUR SUCH A TALENTED LIL CHICK....HEEHEE....AHHHHH BUT ALL THOSE RUFFLES ARE ENOUGH TO MAKE MY HEART BEAT A LITTLE FASTER, ENJOY HER SWEETIE SHE IS STUNNING :) HAVE A GREAT DAY FULL OF SUNSHINE!!

Char said...

WOW BRENDA, YOU WORK FAST, AND ITS JUST PERFECT. CHAR

Tanza said...

Hi Brenda,
Yours turned out Gorgeous !! LoVe that PiNk ruffled skirt you found !! Isn't it amazing what can be done to something soo simple !! How fun !! thanks for sharing this beautiful transformation .. You are a busy girlie .. Have a happy day my friend ~
hugs ~tea~xo

Barb said...

Brenda, this is absolutely gorgeous. Oh, it makes me want to do a lampshade. I used to apply roses to just about all my lampshades. Thanks for the inspiration.

You are one talented gal.

Barb ♥

Anonymous said...

I am in love with your lamp shade!! Now I never would have thought to have used a little girls skirt for something like this!! Next time I am off thrifting I will have to browse the little girl racks!!

Such a precious lamp!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I really think this is such a pretty way to dress up a plain lampshade. Looks like a millon bucks.

hugs
Sissie

Olivia said...

OH my heavens this lamp is to DIE for the ruffles are making me swoon! You did such a nice job, oh I hope I find a lamp today!
Hugs,
Olivia

chateau de fleurs said...

OOOOOOOh Brenda! It turned out fabulous! I love how you made this idea your own. Fun, Fun, Fun, Christie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails