Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm Having A Garage Sale!


Every year around this time I always put on a Garage Sale at my Home. It typically is the last weekend in April, right before my youngest son, Austin's, Birthday. So I have been busy going thru all of our "stuff", and getting things ready for the sale. It takes a LOT of work putting one together. You have to go thru your old clothes and items that you feel you can part with, then price each item, then during the weekend before the sale, we get the Pole Barn all cleaned and swept up, and get all the tables set up, and the rack for hanging some of the more nicer clothing on. The week prior to the sale, I go to the local paper to place an ad to advertise my sale (always a good idea!) Then during the week leading up to the Sale, I go thru and place the items on the tables, and make everything look nice and inviting for people to "shop". I get a lot of repeat customers that come every year to my sales, which is always nice. The night before the sale, we go and put out the signs directing people where the sale is. I ALWAYS use the Hot pink posterboard...it's very eye catching! So.....I'm going to be rather busy these next couple of weeks getting things ready. I still plan to take some time to do a little sewing so I can have new pillows to put on Ebay, and of course, will be checking in on all your blogs when I can to see what everyone else is up to :)

6 comments:

Bellesanbeaus said...

Good luck with your sale...wished I lived closer!!! It's still rather cold here to have a garage sale..70's one day and 40's the next! lol. Have fun but don't work too hard! Beth

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I hope you make lots of money at your sale. We are not aloud to have them in our neighborhood, (too many snooty neighbors!) and I sure miss having one. It's always fun.

I love your kitties too. They are beautiful breeds. I bet they are as spoiled as mine.

hugs
Sissie

Julie Marie said...

Hi Brenda... oh how I wish I could come to your sale! I am sure you have the most beautiful items... good luck to you! I know firsthand they are alot of work, but usually alot of fun too! xoxo Julie Marie

Paula said...

Dear Brenda,

I know your sale will be a huge success! It is a lot of work, but I am sure you will have fun, especially seeing your repeat customers. I wish I lived closer! Love, Paula

Barb said...

Hi Brenda, many blessings with the sale. I did this for years and got a lot of repeat customers. It was such fun.

Barb ♥

Anonymous said...

it's really amazing how much money a yard sale can bring in!

have fun purging...and much success to you!

ciao bella
creative carmelina was here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails